Income protection for professionals and executives
You’ve worked hard to get where you are today. If illness or injury prevents you from doing your job, you can help make sure your income continues uninterrupted. How would your finances survive if you had and injury or illness that prevented you from doing what you do best?
Would your income suffer? Would you have to drain company or corporate resources to fund the difference? Would you turn to your Retirement Savings to bridge the Gap? Would you have to borrow money to ensure your family would have the basic income to cover off your Mortgage, Utilities and Groceries? Let alone the other many expenses required to live a life with dignity…
We specifically prepare an Income Replacement plan, using Canada’s top Disability Insurance Providers. By owning this coverage personally, there are many benefits and riders you can add to ensure the coverage you have is the coverage you need. When was the last time you reviewed your Group Disability or Association Disability Plan?
By Owning Disability Insurance Personally, you get the benefits listed below,
- Provides tax-free income replacement in the event of disability, with a personally-owned plan
- Tops up employer-provided or association provided long-term disability benefits
- Helps protect your family with an Income Loss Replacement Plan
- Get return to work benefits, so you have a partner motivated to get you back on your feet
- Guarantee your Costs all the way up until retirement
- Have complete Portability, so you may move freely throughout your career and never have to worry about your coverage
What would you rather do?
Disability Insurance typically costs 2% of your annual wage to properly protect your Income. If you were offered a job that paid $100,000 per year but had no income protection guarantees. Or you were offered a job that paid $98,000 per year guaranteed until retirement, no matter what happened, which job offer would you choose???
If you knew your home, which you perceive as your family’s greatest asset, was only insured for 1/3 of its replacement cost, would this worry you? If you had a $1,000,000 home, and found out that the current insurance coverage would only pay for a $300,000 replacement house if it burned down, when would you want to know about this? Now or at claim time?
How does your Income Protection Program hold up, are you protecting 100% of your Paycheque or only 33%?
Protect your Business or Practice with Business Overhead Expense Insurance (BOE)
Keep the lights on while you’re off
Running your own business is a great opportunity. It’s also a big responsibility. If you’re off sick for a period of time, who’s going to pay the bills? With Business Overhead Expense (BOE) Insurance, you can rest easy knowing your office expenses are being paid, in case of an illness, accident, sickness or a disability while you are busy recovering.
Office Overhead Expense Insurance…
- Is payable if you are temporarily totally disabled or seriously ill
- Covers the normal costs of running a business that’s outside your home
- Pays staff salaries so they can keep working
- Is especially important if you’re the only person who is responsible for the business expenses
Here is an example of Expenses Covered…
- Rent or mortgage interest
- Heat, water and electricity
- Interest on business loans made for office equipment or automobile
- Salaries of employees
- Accounting services
- Property taxes on business premises/business taxes
- Lease of equipment (including business use of automobile)
- Depreciation or scheduled principal payments on office equipment and business use of automobiles, and
- Professional association membership dues